Monday, April 23, 2012

Small Farms on Vashon Island

Last week I ventured out again to Vashon Island to explore some of the small farms. My first stop was at Kurtwood Farms, where I met Kurt Timmermeister to photograph him milking his beautiful dairy cows. This was my second time visiting with Kurt and it is always a pleasure to chat over coffee and biscuits about writing, photography, and small farms on the island. It was a typically rainy morning, but it made for some interesting shooting nonetheless. My second stop was at Langley Fine Gardens, where I met Leda and her husband Matt, who run a wonderful business growing and selling plant starts. The lines and colors that filled the greenhouses were fun to photograph as the workers made their way through the rows and rows of plants in preparation for an upcoming farmer's market. Here are some images from the day.

1 comment:

Terry said...

These are beautiful my dear